Friday, September 25, 2015

300th post and the end of things as they are (with an unfinished map ...)

This is my 300th post ... Maybe it isn't that much for nearly four years of blogging, but I never thought I'd get as far as I did. I'm willing to debate quality, though :-) Anyway, this is not only my 300th post, it's also the last post I'm writing here, as we have our last boxes packed and are about to move to another city on Saturday. 450 kilometers away from where I live right now. It's a big thing for me and a new start in many ways. If it changes anything for my blogging, it'll be that I (still) aim to focus on finishing what I started (the politician in me wants me to write "what I started this year" ... the lazy bastard). So this is a little outlook of what's happening here at the Disoriented Ranger:
  • It's most likely that for the next few weeks the blog will go dark because that's how long it'll take to get Internet at the new place, so nothing will happen (yeah, sorry, that's me trying to be funny again ...).
  • Lost Songs of the Nibelungs will get some more love in the near future. Level advancement is done and tested, combat and core rules are streamlined, there's much to talk about.
  • BASTARD! should be done this year (I have a plan ...). The testing we could do for now makes me confident that it'll be a short and easy system, but I aim to produce results before writing more about it (what I can say right now is that combat works better than it should and players are hesitant to owe dice). Here is a sneak peek of a little adventure location I'm working on for the game (it's the ruins of a mansion, ground floor is in the middle):

  • The Goblintribe Simulator is the next thing after finishing BASTARD!, maybe even this year (and before Lost Songs).
  • I'll make a cleaner version of the Bare-Knuckle Fighter and Pub Brawl mini dice-games (they work and people actually playing them had, as rumors go, a good time).
  • Reading the Nibelunglied will go on soon.
  • More of the usual. I think I should post more often, maybe some reviews of books, tv shows and rpg material or something. There's so much good stuff out there ...
But now I have to get back to packing and organizing stuff before we hit the road tomorrow. I hope I'll be able to post something the next 2 to 3 weeks, but don't hold your breath. It'll give me time to prepare some of the things above behind the scenes.

So, thank you for reading and see you on the other side!

10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, man! I'll take all the luck I can with this one :-)

      Delete
  2. Good job and look forward to more blogging

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job and look forward to more blogging

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job and look forward to more blogging

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It looks grim for the next few weeks, but I'll try to get something online soon :)

      Delete
  5. Best of luck on the move and on to the next 300!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tim! It went down well so far. Well, my computer screen didn't make it and that's a shame I had a smaller spare, so it's not that hard). But other than that it had been just lots of work. This is the first opportunity right now in 32 hours to do anything else than loading/unloading/eating/sleeping and unload some more ... Feels good :-) I aim to keep posting them and maybe it'll actually take less then 4 years to get there!

      Delete
  6. Viel Glück!

    I'm a little ashamed that I couldn't remember how to say that in German and had to look kit up
    .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not a problem, man. And thanks! Did you get an opportunity to leatn German at some point?

      I also just now remembered that I wanted to write up an island for your blog and share that post of yours (thought it was a great idea ...). I'll try to make up for that as soon as we are settled here and I have internet again :-)

      Delete

Recent developments made it necessary to moderate posts again. Sorry about that, folks.