Sunday, November 30, 2014

Weird Movie Sunday: Alex Alice's SIEGFRIED (actually not a movie ... yet?)

Look at those gorgeous animations and tell me you don't feel the itch to get some gaming going:


It's not only the trailer for a movie that might never happen (which would be a shame, I'd totally go and see this), but it's (also?) promoting a comic book series by Alex Alice called Siegfried (based on Wagner's Ring of the Nibelung, some of it is the background-music in this amazing short) that looks equally awesome*. I'll definitely give this a closer look.

And it reminded me to go and check if somebody already made a role playing game/campaign setting/what-have-you using the The Song of the Nibelungs ... I mean, it got a Dragon, magic items, heroes, dwaves and a story that could make Game of Thrones blush. A mix ripe for a very gritty and dark fantasy setting with some Brother's Grimm fairies in it and a strong Dark Ages vibe to round out.

Turns out, nobody did something like this just yet (or my google-fu left me).

Hm ...


* Thanks to +Joey Lindsey  from Metal vs Skin to send me down that particular rabbit hole (with this post).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent developments made it necessary to moderate posts again. Sorry about that, folks.