Lost in Old School D&D (and other stuff)
Civilization allows me to post a little something from my mobile while we're resting ...
The most dangerous encounter we had so far (I hope it shows a picture now):
Beautiful. They poisonous?
They are poisonous, but not deadly for an adult (shouldn't be, anyway). Main feature of this mushroom is it's psychoactive properties. It's quite popular and might have been used by Vikings to help entering a berserker rage. It's also assumed that this mushroom gave the inspiration for mushroom consumption in Alice in Wonderland:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amanita_muscariaMost of the more bizarre fairy tales collected by the brothers Grimm had their origin in the consumption of this particular mushroom ...So it won't kill you, but makes you feel very sick and you start seeing very, very strange things ... Wouldn't recommend it.
Recent developments made it necessary to moderate posts again. Sorry about that, folks.